“Black Writers on Tour” (BWOT) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that seeks to increase literacy and writing skills among adults and children. To that end, we are holding the 24th Annual Black Writers on Tour Conference (BWOTC) on Saturday, March 28, 2020. Each year, the BWOTC is a showcase for more than 100 exhibiting authors, more than 300 authors in attendance and 50 non-author (business) exhibitors from across the nation. We have consistently had 3,000 to 3,500 people in attendance each year. We are inviting you to join those that benefit from BWOTC and take a sponsorship position with BWOTC 2020. As a sponsor, you will be showing the communities your support and commitment to improving literacy in Southern California.
We believe all of our children can embrace who they are,
can define their future, and can change the world.
Black Writers On Tour is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that trains, educates, and motivates children, young adults, and adult black writers. We promote and assist authors in their literary careers.
Our focus is to increase literacy awareness and participation in the Literary Arts for African-Americans.
We assist in the preservation of African-American culture by helping African-Americans tell their stories.
To prepare youth for the emerging tech sector, coding, graphic design and more.
Our goals for Black Writers On Tour are to:
1. Help African-American children, young adults and adults cultivate their writing skills.
2. Assist aspiring writers to publish their work and get it into the marketplace.
3. Increase visibility and book sales for the self-published author and the small independent publisher by showcasing their works nationwide through exhibiting at and participating in writer's conferences, expositions, and related conventions, and cooperative advertising.
4. Showcase children who write, and to encourage children and young adults to read and write.
5. Promote literacy and to foster the desire for reading among African-Americans.
6. Promote excellence and professionalism for self-published authors and small independent publishers via seminars and workshops.
7. Offer professional referral services for the following: editing, proofing, formatting, graphic designs, and printing.